Old 07-31-2010, 02:24 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
TigerLili

Maybe the fact is that you're unwell and you need to rest, regardless of the official diagnosis or lack of one. There may be any number of undiagnosed physical conditions such as candida or food allergies/intolerances. Have you been in therapy? Talking to someone about what you are going through is important. My physical health has improved as my mental health has improved.

I fully second the poster who mentioned giving up anything 'white'. Flour, sugar etc. When I have bread after not having it for a few weeks, I literally feel drugged. Like I've taken a xanax. I get foggy and sleepy. It's the same with a few other foods. If I have sugar, I'm a basket case. I cry, I get depressed and I'm a total mess. I have no energy or enthusiasm for anything and a cycle of sugar craving/addiction gets set up.

If you're addicted to alcohol, you may well be addicted to other substances or have compulsions in other areas, which means you are still physically and mentally sick. Working towards emotional sobriety and being clean of ALL addictions and compulsions could require a stay in rehab or ongoing counselling/therapy.

I was constantly physically exhausted, to the point where I couldn't get out of bed for days, for decades. It wasn't until i started therapy that I discovered it was the emotional 'weight' of all that i was carrying around that was making me so tired. Our emotions and feelings can make us as tired as actual physical exertion.