View Single Post
Old 07-29-2010, 12:49 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Starburst
Persevere, Never give up!

Originally Posted by theuncertainty View Post
Hi, puppygirl. I'm sorry you're feeling such pain and helplessness. Reading and educating myself on this horrible disease and the ways family can respond to it was my front line of defense and still is.

This disease is so strong, so devastating to everyone involved. You can not make your husband work a recovery program, but you can arm yourself with knowledge and support and take care of yourself. .
I agree with all posters, but i can say this for you, my AH relapsed 3 years ago, i stuck by him, but, there is nothing one can do or say to them, there addiction is king, all you can do is live your own life, give your spouse to HP and let HP deal with him.

On Sunday after 3 years of dealing with this, my AH finally hit his bottom! and i walked out with the kids, gave him space to deal with this alone, eventually on Monday evening, he realised i would not be comming back at all if he did not seek help and stop drinking altogether, Monday was his day 1, I am back now and he is on Day 4.

All i can say through all of this, is how do you wish to live, live for yourself and try to detach from what the A is doing. I will pray for you and your family. Keep strong and keep posting.

Welcome to our family, there is lots of hugs and support here for you.