View Single Post
Old 07-06-2004, 08:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
msgalore
Paused

Recently divorced from a sex addict

I'm new to this site. My father is an alcoholic and I followed the pattern by marrying an addict. My first husband was addicted to drugs and alcohol. I divorced him and found Al-Anon. Unfortunately, I didn't stay with it; I remarried within a year and had 2 children. I've discovered over the last few years that my husband of 7 years is a sex addict. He worked hard to hide this addiction. I'm so confused about how I seem to continue to find addicted persons. I am getting professional help and know I need Al-Anon or something! I now live in a remote area with no meetings anywhere nearby. I drive 2 hours for therapy and think finding meetings regularly would be difficult. I'm wondering if this site might could help me figure some things out about myself and talk with other people who have gone through and are working towards overcoming these issues. I have read tons of information on co-dependency, alcoholism, and drug addiction. In fact, I'm a licensed therapist myself. But somehow, I escaped learning much of anything about sexual addiction. Is it that prevalent and how does the addiction impact the family. I"m concerned for my children, etc.