View Single Post
Old 07-06-2004, 07:17 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Jamie6758
Paused

thanks everyone, those posts were like much more than I could ask for. I'm still sober today and I really don't feel like drinking. In terms of my attitude, I drank and used drugs because I hated the world and myself-using drugs at least made it fun and bearable for me. I quit drinking and drugging because I wanted to improve myself and do my part to make the world better. I still, however, have not been able to be content with myself, I always think my life could be better. I have trouble making new friends in general-I always hang out with my friends who I've described before because they know me inside and out and accept me as that. I don't know why but I just don't how to make buds with people that don't drink. I've made friends in AA and NA but all of them are older and not someone I can go out with on a friday night. The ones' my age, they won't even give me the time of day even though we're at a meeting. But in a way though it is my attitudes towards others like you guys said, but I just don't know how and I'm fearful of becoming friends with new people.