Old 07-25-2010, 08:36 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Angelic17

Originally Posted by gotahavfaith View Post
I went to see my daughter at rehab yesterday. She looks good, she sounds good, she has a light in her eyes that I haven't seen for a long time. The counselors tell me she is working very hard on herself. They didn't have to tell me that tho, I see it for myself. I am proud of her for being clean for 79 days. She is trying to figure out who she is. She is looking at the good, the bad, and the ugly in herself and her past actions. She is taking GED classes, and is smiling about it. In 2004 she had a full ride to college. She is seeing the damage she has done to her intellect and spirit. She wants to start writing again, a passion (and a talent) that she used to have. These are great first steps and i think she is very courageous for doing this.

Even if she faulters, I am grateful that she has this time. What she learns will at least be there in the back of her mind. She will know how to get back up and start over again. Drugs can't take that away from her unless she chooses to let them.

I have also let go of those initial dreams that I had for my daughter and myself. But I have hope. Hope that we can both find our own recovery, our own paths. Faith that we can both get there. Hope that my daughter and I can both find the peace and serenity that we are looking for.

Saying a prayer for all of us parents and our children tonite.

Gotahavfaith
I'm in no way trying to hijack tjp316's thread, but gottahavfaith, I am thrilled for you and your daughter. That is such great news, and you deserve it. Your a great mother, and your daughter will be fine now. She has alot to live for, and she sounds like she is really working on her sobriety. You really couldn't ask for more at this point. God has answered many prayers for your family and a complete turn around for your daughter. You should be proud of her. She is doing one of the toughest things she will ever have to do in her life. I don't think she could have done this without your support. She's a lucky girl. GOD BLESS YOU and YOUR FAMILY.

:ghug3