Thread: So Confused
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2010, 09:48 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
missb89

So Confused

So my ex whom I just broke up with 3 weeks ago's mom died yesterday in an accident, she was drunk. He was at the bar by himself and was just an absolute mess, so even after all we've been through, I broke down and went to go see him. I brought him back to my house and he stayed the night. I thought I was getting better, and getting over him by being away but now that I was around him again it's like reliving the loss all over again. I want so badly for this to be a beacon of light for him, for him to find sobriety since alcohol took his mother away. He says he wants me back and that he can quit drinking, but he thinks he can do it on his own, and he says he might slip up, so that pretty much means that he's not being serious about it.

I am so confused/mad/depressed/frustrated. All I want in this world is for him to realize he needs to get help and quit drinking so that I can have the person I love all the time. I'm trying very hard not to get enveloped by wishful thinking. We've been through so much and it seems like I'm having a memory lapse now that I'm seeing him hurting like this I can't even care about all the bs I went through with him. I just don't know what to do I am more torn than ever.