View Single Post
Old 07-19-2010, 06:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
PurpleWilder

I Am Letting Him Go

Here is the letter I sent this morning via email, after defriending from Facebook the man who, for 17 years, I considered my soulmate. But I'm done.

I'm realy glad things are working out for you. It sounds like you and Jill are getting back together and that's good.

Despite that, I have come to the decision that it would be best for me if we did not remain in contact. I'm pretty sure the only reason you contacted me again after all of this time was sort of a cyberspace drunk-and-dial---you were feeling low and needed an ego stroke. But it looks like things are working out for you so I know I serve no purpose to you. You only really contact me when you are about to do something scary (move to LA, break up, get married, whatever) and need a boost. I don't associate with people like that anymore and don't get involved in one-sided relationships any longer.

We are not friends. I have been hoping that in the last few weeks we could really sit down at the computer and get rid of some of the baggage that maybe we have both been carrying around for a long time. At least I have. But you and I both know you are never gonna do it. When things get emotionally tough, you bail. I'm not interested in trying to maintain a relationship - friendly, romantic or otherwise - with an emotional coward. I think 17 years of not getting anything I want from you - an apology, an explaination, anything - are enough for me...finally.

My life is getting to a good place, and I don't need you in it anymore. Not for real and not in my head.

God bless and good luck. I think you will need both.

Christi

To SR folks - and yes, I will be changing my name here, as soon as I figure out what I should change it to.