View Single Post
Old 07-18-2010, 05:11 AM
  # 422 (permalink)  
MyGraySkies
Living on a prayer

Hi everyone! YEYYYYY Kim on the appointment! Keeping you in my prayers that everything continues to go smoothly.

Congrats Rev - 98 days! That is so awesome. Thank you for posting that Carol, too. UBC I totally agree with your post. Yet again, words that ring true for so many of us!

I'm hanging in there still, too. We're going to the Outer Banks to play on the beach for a few days, leaving Wednesday. The husband leaves to go to sea again in less than 2 weeks. I sobered up while he was gone last time, but I'm a little nervous about him leaving and I'm not sure why. He wasn't even here when I decided enough was enough and quit, so I'm surprised that I'm a bit anxious about handling him going again. Ohhhh, and the 5 days we'll be at the beach, will be with a good friend of mine that has no idea I've sobered up. She's only been around me once since I did, and I don't think she really noticed I never drank anything that whole weekend since there was so much going on. This will be just me, her, and my family. I may end up having to tell her. She knew when I detoxed 3 years ago, and we had drifted apart a good bit during my relapse but she did know when we started talking regularly again that I had started drinking. I don't think she gets alcoholism and probably (like many, I've noticed) doesn't understand that I can't drink at all or I'm just going to end up right back at the bottom again. So, may be a good time for us to talk about it a little.

((((Hugs)))) and love to you all!