View Single Post
Old 07-17-2010, 09:09 PM
  # 410 (permalink)  
thirtybubba
Owner of a strange glitch.

Lol Lyddie, you're welcome for the reactivation. But I'm telling y'all, I just needed a motivation, and it was too late for the first 2 weeks thread. There's a 90 day one too, but that's mighty far away from today for me. I wanted something achievable. Generation X, what can I say, I want immediate gratification but I've found it is a stronger persuader in keeping me sober than future ideals. I've never really lived for the future anyways.

I hear what you're saying about the whole thinking too much thing... identifying triggers was what was told to me. In the first 6 months of trying to sober up--after a couple decades of not even thinking to try--I relapsed I don't know how many times. It seemed like I had turned from a daily drinker to a binge drinker... in that time I also learned that I have a million triggers. No one thing would guarantee I'd drink. Often the same thing that'd get me going one time, was something I survived intact before and since. So for me, the triggers are more of an academic topic than something that comes into play in real life.

Well, I survived another half day without drinking. Driving home in the dark and the rain, I almost missed a whole segment of street (I recently moved) and was thinking to myself, I would never have made it home if I'd been drinking. Another county over perhaps, still wondering if I'd overshot my residence and not being sure. The little joys of being sober: getting home to a new place without retracing one's steps.

Take care y'all,
TB, practicing staying awake late for work next week