View Single Post
Old 07-17-2010, 07:59 AM
  # 407 (permalink)  
thirtybubba
Owner of a strange glitch.

Ooh, Lyddie, Larkspur, Murray, Post, Cat and HFA and who did I miss--I started something, didn't I? I was just trying to give myself something to look forward to, feeling kind of blue one day. Reckon it is true what they say, think positive and take some small action and good things will happen. Now we have a lovely little thread going.

I think there's something to that first 10 days seeming to have crawled. I've made it a couple weeks shamefully often in the past year (and that's usually about as far as I got) and those first 10 do seem to go slower. I think that was part of my frustration by day 15 or so, I'd go back out...

I suspect (now) that the reason the second 10 go faster is that you actually get sort of used to the idea of sobriety. Your body begins to adjust, you start taking it as normal--to a certain extent--whereas it's more of a fight in the beginning.

Not that I know much else I wouldn't be in this here thread lol, but that concept is one I've tried to pinpoint--they say don't think too much, and they say identify your triggers. Ah the contradictions.

I got a good night's sleep, now to have breakfast. Take care y'all, hope you all have a good day.

TB

ps I missed Dee. oops sorry mate.