View Single Post
Old 07-16-2010, 09:18 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
coyote21
Awakening

Originally Posted by Paintbaby View Post
You can't save her, you know. Better concentrate on saving yourself and your daughter, instead.
It's true, you can't save her. But if you don't let go, she can take you and your daughter down with her.

My axw was in a 30 day court ordered inpatient treatment center and about half way through I could tell she wasn't "getting" it.

We were in the "system", state Child Protective Services. They had taken my 5yo daughter away for 5 months, so I feared them and they were the "enemy".

I went to the caseworkers office, armed with the knowledge that <3% get out and stay clean. I asked her if I let my aw come home after rehab, and she relapsed, what the "departments" next move would be.

She was very candid with me, she said THE DEPARTMENT WOULD MOVE TO TAKE OUR DAUGHTER AWAY FROM BOTH OF US. BTW, not "yelling" at you, just trying to add emphasis.

That was the exact moment in time when I made a decision to start taking care of my 5yo daughter and not her alcoholic, grown mother. You see, the stakes were far too high now. It was a no brainer.

Not particularly proud of myself prior to that, but it took what it took for me to "get it". But I will never forget that day sitting in that womans office.

Thanks and God bless us all,
Coyote