Old 07-16-2010, 07:38 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
coyote21
Awakening

Originally Posted by peggy125 View Post
How did you change your life so dramatically?
Well, I'm glad you asked. It's really very simple, but not so easy, if you know what I mean.

I quit drinking. I drank A LOT for 40 or so years.

HP did for me what I couldn't do for myself, by getting active alcoholism out of my house. That alone made the single biggest difference in my clarity, than any other one thing. And I know MANY others that agree.

I got/accepted a Higher Power, not in an organized religion sort of way. More of a God of my understanding, nature, the universe, kind of way. Lets face it, there are things more powerful than me.

I came here religiously and read voraciously, then finally registered after lurking for 2 years. Ha!

I went to Alanon, court ordered by a CPS judge that made Judge Judy look like a wimp. I still go 2 or so times a week. Four years later I'm STILL afraid of that little bitty Italian lady!

I read Alanon lit almost every day.

I got a sponsor and began working the steps.

And slowly but surely I got better. You can too.

Today I am happy, joyous and free. (picture a grinning, blond (o.k.... gray) lab, waggleing back and forth on his back in the summer grass).

Back before alcoholism took over, my axw and I used to call that "happy dogging".

And I'm still stuck on step 4, by the end I fully expect to be able to levitate.

Thanks and God bless us all,
Coyote