Thread: What do I do?
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2010, 10:37 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
MsPINKAcres
Living in a Pinkful Place

((Katie28))

Wow this must be a really painful time for you - I hate that you are going thru this - It hurts when we have given much of ourselves to someone just to be insulted and belittled in return.

Many people early in recovery are encouraged to NOT start a NEW relationship so they can focus on their recovery ~ but they are NOT encourage to be hateful or mean to those they are in a relationship with.

As painful as this is right now, maybe it is best to give him some space to process all he is going thru ~ it could also be a good opportunity for YOU to get the healing, comfort and peace that YOU deserve too.

If you haven't already I would suggest you attend some Al-Anon/Nar-Anon meetings, read some recovery literature, continue posting & reading here and keep that contact with your Higher power. This could be a wonderful time for you to grow and become a healthier person too.

Then if it is meant for y'all to be together - there will be 2 healthy people working on the relationship - if it is not meant to work out - you have already started the healing and self-care process you deserve.

Remember - You are a wonderful, loving human being that deserves respect, dignity and love!
HUGS,
Rita