Thread: Boundaries
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2010, 08:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
posiesperson

Boundaries

Okay, so I've been doing pretty well overall, but I have to say I'm being faced with a number of boundary issues all of the sudden, and with a lot of intensity.

It feels like I'm fighting an uphill battle right now. I'm angry...I know this related to that little kid inside who was taken advantage of and she wants to come out with fists raised! I'm not fighting it physically, though, but mentally I feel like I'm doing just that. I am very tired with all of it. Seems like no area of my life is untouched by this issue--friends, family, work. Even the puppy is suddenly acting up in all kinds of ways that she hadn't before! The good news is that her confidence is growing, but wow, am I tired.

I could use some "pick-me-ups", some ES&H on maintaining boundaries that I KNOW are appropriate and I have every right (and responsibility to myself) to maintain. It just feels like I keep putting forth the energy to successfully keep the boundaries and still feel depleted, so maybe there's some necessary self-care that I haven't yet used to replenish myself...??? I feel like I'm missing something here.

posie