Thread: Still down
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2010, 07:12 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
kelsh

Thumbs up Still Down

Hi Tigar II,

I have been in a down place about two weeks too. My husband was very ill & had to be flown by helicoptor to a bigger city to get the help he needed. He had a stroke & it showed he had one sometime before this one.

My doctor even told me he thought my husband might not make it through the night with all the things going on. My daughter & I waited to go until early morning since it was almost midnight so I was at home alone when the doctor from the ICU called from the other hospital. He pretty much said the same thing & wanted a lot of info from me.

Then when I got there in the morning he was off the respirator & looked like he hadn't been through what had happened. In four days we had him back home & he is back to his old self from a few years ago.

We wouldn't have been back together if I hadn't chose to leave him & stop my drinking when I was ready to. I did just like your husband & married a
drinker but worse things than that happened before I quit for myself.

He still drank when I left but decided he wasn't an alcoholic yet? He did marry a woman that didn't drink or smoke so he didn't for about 7 years until it all fell apart.

We are both college graduates, both worked in Social Work for different agencies & when we were retired we did another we...got married again. Our five children all all in this story too.

I quit drinking & got help for my depression/anxiety 21 years ago...my husband quit drinking about 10 years ago...we each lived in our own place & got together on weekends to camp & fish. So it does happen + we both quit smoking....almost angels..HUH! :day2