Old 07-06-2010, 02:47 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
sesh

I aslo think your AH needs to be checked by psyciatrist and aslo have liver tests, as US and CT. In my understanding long term acohol abuse can cause all kind of health problems, that can lead an A to a state your AH is in right now. But you need a professional to determine what his condition is.
My AH was diagnosed with liver cirrhosis nearly 2 months ago, and admitted into a hospital, where he went through detox as well as treatment of his cirrhosis. 2 days after he was admitted he had DT. After that for a good few weeks he was similar to what you're saying about your AH. He just seemed as a different person, he seemed lost, couldn't remember many things, his speach was really slured, and he was in this kind of slow motion mode. As his liver condition started to improve so did his mental state, and it is slowly getting better to this day. Docs believe that was toxins in his brain, as liver is not working properly. We saw the shrink last week, and he ordered brain CT and EEG. The results are due back later today. He aslo put AH on some AD pills and since than AH's mental condition is improving even more. He seems to be lucid now, and I even got him playing ninetendo ds games to check his thinking skills and he's doing well, while few weeks ago he couldn't even hold the thing in his hands.
My point is with your AH it can be a number of things, but you need a professional to determine what's really going on. Since you seemed really worried I'd suggest you try to get professional medical help, as from what I read many of similar conditions in A's can be repaired if treated on time.
I wish you both well.
And please, remember to breath and take care of yourself, do only as much as you can and take this as only part of your life, while there are all these other parts where you can be happy (I guess that's the hardest but it can be done)
HUGS