View Single Post
Old 06-28-2010, 08:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Hurtingbad

Unhappy I just don't get it

How can anything in a bottle have so much power over somebody. It's a liquid. How can it be more important than me. I just broke up with him again last night. I can't stop crying. I'm at my desk at work, crying. I'm so F***ing angry and sad. He was almost there, he hit what I thought was bottom, he was already to go for counselling. His parents, who drink 24/7, talked him out of it. They tell him he's a loser for wanting help. They tell him he doesn't have a problem, even when he cries to them that he does. He is reaching out for help so hard, but I can't help him. He doesn't deny his problem, he knows it's real, and its running his life. He just gets no support. He told them he was quitting drinking, so for 1 day, 1 DAY, they hid the alcohol, then the next the tequila, vodka, rum and sours were right there on the counter again. I HATE alcohol, I used to enjoy a beer or two on the patio, relaxing and playing guitar, but now i see a bottle or smell alcohol on anyone and I fly into a raging sadness. I don't know what to do anymore. The three days he can stay sober he is awesome, the day it starts to get to him is hard, and the day he gives in kills me. It's like dating a scitzophrenic. How do I get myself back again. I don't even know who I am anymore. I always said I would never get into a situation like this. I always said I'd see the signs and run screaming. I have learned so much about myself and I don't like what I have become, what I gave up to stay a few more days with him. What do I do?