View Single Post
Old 06-25-2010, 08:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
wren

still sober; wow, this is weird

I think I've reached about 10 weeks, or two and half months.

I can't believe it's then that long since I've woken up hungover or have been afraid to stand close to someone, for fear that s/he would smell stale (or fresh) booze on me.

I should get down on my knees everyday and pray (sometimes I do), because I sure the hell haven't done this by myself.

Went to an AA meeting a few nights ago. (It takes a lot of determination for me to do this!) I wonder if there are any of you out there who are extremely reserved/quiet who have had success with AA. If so, please let me know. My problem with it is not the actual program; it's the being around people part.
I've only gone to meetings sporadically.

For a while after I became sober, I thought my brain was broken. But I am starting to become creative again and have more attention span for "heavy" reading. (I only realized that just this moment.) Not to mention more physical stamina.

OTC sleep meds, though.... I use them more than I'd like to. But most of them give me adverse side effects enough of the time that I've thrown them away, and I am starting to feel like I'm running out of options. I often drink so-called relaxing teas at night, but feel little relaxation. I reckon that I'll soon have to face the night on my own.

All for now. Thanks for reading.