View Single Post
Old 06-24-2010, 07:26 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
FormerDoormat
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

i believe the Universe will not gift to us what we are not ready or prepared to accept. when we CRAVE, we demonstrate lack....for as long as we seek completion outside of ourselves, we will empty, unfinished.
Amen, Anvil.

I'm a big fan of gratitude lists. But instead of listing what I'm grateful for on paper each day, I run through my gratitude list in my head just before I fall asleep, much like other folks say their prayers.

At first I thanked my Higher Power for the obvious things: my daughter, my mother and father, my six siblings, and my four puppies. But each night that list grew even bigger. I thanked my HP for my job which I love, for the people I work with whom I also love, for a good income that provides me with all the earthly things I need, for food on the table, a place to shelter me from the elements, for reliable transportation, a little plot of land were I can garden, for good friends, for a sunny day, for improved health, for the lessons I learned from sharing my life with an alcoholic, for the people on this forum who helped me make it through what seemed at the time like the darkest days of my life. The list just kept on growing until one night--overwhelmed with all the blessings that ran through my head, the tears began to well up in my eyes and flowed down my cheeks.

My life is abundant; there is no lack. Counting your blessings may seem to some like a silly thing to do, but for me it was an eye-opening and life changing exercise.

Why not give it a try?