View Single Post
Old 06-24-2010, 01:44 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Hammerhead

Originally Posted by DirtMagnet View Post
I recently set up my Facebook page and, to be perfectly honest, it is making me feel more disconnected from the world than connected. My high school reunion is coming up at the end of July (can't go but not really caring, anyway) and I am looking at the pages of all the people I used to go to school with.

I'm just sitting here crying and typing. "Married to....." on almost all of them....pictures of spouses that love them and do fun stuff with them....smiling with their children....living life....having a good time and a good life full of love.

And then there's big, fat me - wasted over 10 years of my life on worthless alkie who mistreated me and made me feel about 1 inch tall. Living all alone in a little apartment with 2 little kids and barely making it from paycheck to paycheck.

What is so wrong with me? Why can't I have someone too? What is it about me that makes me so disgusting? I can't tell you how many times I have said those same things to God, and I don't get an answer anywhere. I wouldn't care so much about the money situation if I just knew at the end of the day, someone would be around to put their arms around me and tell me "We'll work on it together. I'll be here for you. I love you."

I'm really sad today.
Ditto Anvil!

Reunions aren't contests. If you choose to go... go proudly... you're a SURVIVOR! Find your best set of heels and dress and swing the night away... I bet your classmates will be posting... "Wow... she looked GREAT... and did you see her smile... I wish I was that happy!".

If anyone asks why you're not married.... smile really big and say "I guess I'm lucky"

So you're beating yourself up for wasting 10 years with an alkie... how many years do you plan on beating yourself up because you had the gonads and good sense to leave?

You have another opportunity at getting it right. So what If you don't meet someone... soon (gasp)... a relationship....is not akin to duck hunting season... that is of course... unless you want it to be.

Hugs.