View Single Post
Old 06-21-2010, 04:00 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  
iwantcontrol

Skope, I hope you had a good weekend and are feeling a bit stronger now. I am not really in any position to give you advice so all I will say on that front is to reall ythink about what people on here are saying to you. Really try to work out how you truly feel about him and what you are going to do for you. You definitely need to do more things outside of him to make you happy, and I hope you've started this over the weekend. I too had a new haircut the other day and have been trying to focus on my own life and my own hobbies and things I enjoy, although my ABF is still a big part of my life.

As I wrote last week my ABF got completely drunk on horrible cheap cider (which he hasn't touched for a while because it is evil stuff) and didn't bother turning up for plans we'd made etc. Rather than sad this time I was soooo angry. After he'd had a day sober we met at the weekend and spent it sober and together as usual. He's said what he is going to do about sorting it out and I hope he does. The only thing I can say is that I have progressed and handle these situations better - I am stronger and not so devastated every time he drinks. It is up to him to sort himself out. If I keep getting stronger there will come a time when his drunkenness will not be allowed in my life and we wont be together any more.

BTW, our situations are getting even more similar - he is the same age as your ABF and I'm only a little older than you! Seeing as we're at opposite ends of the country I'm still hoping we're not sharing the same man!