View Single Post
Old 06-20-2010, 04:23 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
gingercharlie

Originally Posted by Learn2Live View Post
I just went back and read your original post GingerCharlie and I tell ya', I'm not sure why you want to go back with such an a$$hole. He sounds like an old BF of mine who was not even an alcoholic- but he was the biggest a$$hole I was ever with. He too wanted me to move in almost right away, and I did, and he too "switched" on me after not-too-long. But while we were together, I could NEVER figure out whether I was coming or going. One minute he was the sweetest guy, would buy things for me, go out of his way to do nice things, etc, but the next minute he was something else entirely. To this day I cannot describe it in words. The closest I got to understanding this person was when I read about (1) sociopaths and (2) passive aggressive men. I'm sorry he treated you that way but why would you want to go through the treatment you have gotten again? Especially the part about when his parents came over? That is one effed-up dude.
He may be passive-aggressive, definitely a poor communicator (shuts me out/stonewalls me), and turned cool towards me the last time I saw him (last week), but he was never an a$$hole... ya know? I mean, trust me, I've dated some major jerks in my life, and he was on the opposite end of the spectrum. He went out of his way to make me happy. If anything, he was the "nice guy," so nice that you had to be careful to not over-vent or rant about something for fear of him labeling you as a Negative Nancy.

He didn't want me to move in right away either. Granted, I did life with him for all intents and purposes from like only 5 months in, but the concept of living with him officially really seemed to coincide with the downward spiral.

Yes, his parents were HORRIBLE (I'm still convinced he told them something horrible about me!), and he had this weird smug look on his face as they were doing it, but he did acknowledge that the way they acted wasn't cool at all.