Thread: WTH now??
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2010, 06:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
ellima01

WTH now??

Long time since my last post. AH was hospitalized April 22nd withAcute Pancreatitis-told by MD that Liver Failure is a very possible scenerio if drinking comtinued... He had drank - aat least a pint of liquor-nearly everyday for two years prior to this. He has been sober since then--- I thought. To my dismay I find out he had drank two beers a few days ago- and then drank a 24 oz beer tonite prior to coming home.I just dont get it-- All I heard after he got out of the hospital is how he "never even wanted to see another drink: he has been going to AA each week, was all that an act? He could die if he goes back to this- I could too. Cant take anymore of the lying, cheating, decieving, abusing- you get the picture.
So I confront him when I found out about the 24 oz beer- He says- (this is great) "I have more in my life now than I have ever had- I never cared before, I do now. I wont let it take over my life"
So- now he's in control? 16 years of this- WTH??
I will continue to go to Al-anon- and pray. I am very sad about this. I hope he will turn this around before it is to late.