WTH now??

Old 06-19-2010, 06:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

WTH now??

Long time since my last post. AH was hospitalized April 22nd withAcute Pancreatitis-told by MD that Liver Failure is a very possible scenerio if drinking comtinued... He had drank - aat least a pint of liquor-nearly everyday for two years prior to this. He has been sober since then--- I thought. To my dismay I find out he had drank two beers a few days ago- and then drank a 24 oz beer tonite prior to coming home.I just dont get it-- All I heard after he got out of the hospital is how he "never even wanted to see another drink: he has been going to AA each week, was all that an act? He could die if he goes back to this- I could too. Cant take anymore of the lying, cheating, decieving, abusing- you get the picture.
So I confront him when I found out about the 24 oz beer- He says- (this is great) "I have more in my life now than I have ever had- I never cared before, I do now. I wont let it take over my life"
So- now he's in control? 16 years of this- WTH??
I will continue to go to Al-anon- and pray. I am very sad about this. I hope he will turn this around before it is to late.
Old 06-19-2010, 07:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You may have to wait til he gets another attack, to hit him over the head and let him know, that the first attack was NOT a joke, and nor were the warnings from the doctor.

If he thinks that Pancreatitis is nasty, let someone describe in gruesome detail the suffering that goes with liver breakdown. Compared to this, Pancreatitis is a sore toe.

God bless
Old 06-20-2010, 09:26 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

The thing is, you have your own program of recovery now, hon.

Alcoholism is cunning, baffling, and powerful.

He may be attending AA, but just sitting in a chair at meetings paying lip service is not recovery.

I see a lot of untreated alcoholism in the rooms of AA.

You are going to be okay. How is your conscious contact with your higher power?

:ghug3
Old 06-20-2010, 04:19 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Well, unfortunately for some, death is the ultimate solution for alcoholism.

Continue to do what you are doing for you, his future, lies in his hands, there really is nothing you can do, except help yourself.