View Single Post
Old 06-19-2010, 06:23 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
gingercharlie

Originally Posted by Learn2Live View Post
Did you think the big, decorated house was going to bring something into your life, or create a life for you, that you need to create for yourself?
Yes, I did.

He bought the house when we were together. He said that he bought it only because I had come into his life, he saw me as "The One", and reasoned that he wouldn't have bought it but for me, because what does a single guy need with a big 5 bedroom house (he upgraded from a nice condo)?

Here's the kicker. I'm not financially well off; I live paycheck to paycheck. He, on the other hand, has no concerns about money, and might even be described as rich. Everything has come so easy for him. And being with him, everything came easy to me too.

He let me walk through that house, and decorate it the way I wanted (keeping his taste in mind as well, everything was unisex). New couch, new tables, new dining set, new bed, new bathroom ensembles, even the entire workout room with fancy equipment and flatscreen on the wall... I picked it out, I designed it, and he paid.

We did it together, we were building a home together. It was all so.....effortless. Even being with him (absent when he'd be intoxicated), was effortless.

But none of it really felt "special." Maybe that's because it all came too easy.

And then it all left my life really easily too. And now? It all feels really special. Like, that was the life we built. It meant something to me.