View Single Post
Old 06-18-2010, 11:40 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  
LaTeeDa

Originally Posted by skope View Post
I did say that to him last nite.. I said only you are in control of what you're doing. And that was hard for him to take in, he said that if he had a choice, he def wouldn't choose this way of life, he wouldn't choose to think the way he does about himself. I told him I know he doesn't choose the depression, but he chooses to self medicate it.
He IS choosing this way of life. He KNOWS he has depression. That means there are tons of options available to him. Instead of tackling it in a healthy, productive way, he CHOOSES to drink.

By the same token, YOU are choosing this way of life. You continue to believe that his recovery is just around the corner, even though his ACTIONS are saying quite the opposite.

So, now you are willing to settle for him drinking a little during the week, and going 'mad' on the weekends? And I wonder how long before 'madness' starts creeping into other days of the week.......

You don't need his madness in your life. Do the little crumbs he throws you really make up for the rest of it?

L