Thread: The details ...
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2010, 11:21 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
gmc

Originally Posted by LaTeeDa View Post
Turn this around for a minute. What if you were the one wanting intimacy and he was not interested? What would you do? Would you try to address the problems behind it? Would you look at yourself and the role you played in the relationship and try your best to figure out what the problem was? Or would you lock yourself in a hotel room, drink like a fish, and hire yourself a boy toy?

L
Actually, I was molested when I was a kid and I have had sexual intimacy issues (not wanting to have sex) my entire life. He has been begging me for years to go see a therapist and I always just kept putting it off. I would make the appt and never show up. I always figured, "Six months from now...". So yes, he has tried in that area, at least.

And yes, I still agree it is no excuse. I think I am in the "look for my blame" part of this situation. I am sure I will go through the motions and get back to the "no excuse" part soon. I just cant help it at this particular moment!

The relationship clearly had issues. I see my present thinking for the warped thinking it is, I really do. I'm trying to get it out so I can move past the thinking. Until then, I will continue to plan the divorce.