View Single Post
Old 06-16-2010, 07:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
lulu1974

A whole world out there

Hello SR!!
I remember just a few short months ago...I was so devasted with what I learned about my stbxah and all he had done I barely left the house. I have no idea what I even did in the month of April other than cry on the floor in a fetal position and beg God to bring my husband back.

That was then. Now I see things differently. I am excited to have my own life and cant wait to get out of the house. I am getting more involved with Alanon. I have my attributes and good qualities written on my wall so Iam forced to look at them all the time to be reminded WHO I AM. (thanks learn2live). I have met new people. I have discovered I really like music. I lost 30lbs. I grew out my hair and today I can even say I find myself attractive, sweet, outgoing and good hearted.

I have discovered there is a whole world out there. I no longer fret that I am 35 and havent had kids yet. My HP is working on that for me. I leave a lot with HP these days.

I am a truly grateful member or SR and Alanon. I am forever indebted to so many people for pulling me off the floor. Literally. I am so blessed that I have all these wonderful people in my life versus the one jerk I married. I can openly say I know he is sick and all but he is a jerk too.

As you know he is getting served divorce papers this week. I am getting the splint off my nose today (woohoo) and have plans for the remainder of the week. I got weepy last night and I was so shocked that I immediately reached out for help and talked myself through it. It was ok to get it out and then I felt much better. The alcoholism and my impending divorce no longer rule my life. My life was upside down for a long time. Today when I find something left over of his that I may have overlooked when kicking him out, no matter what it is or where I am I walk outside and throw it on the ground in the yard. I especially like it when the object is breakable. The neighbors may think I am nuts but hey..It's my life...

xoxo
Lulu