A whole world out there

Old 06-16-2010, 07:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A whole world out there

Hello SR!!
I remember just a few short months ago...I was so devasted with what I learned about my stbxah and all he had done I barely left the house. I have no idea what I even did in the month of April other than cry on the floor in a fetal position and beg God to bring my husband back.

That was then. Now I see things differently. I am excited to have my own life and cant wait to get out of the house. I am getting more involved with Alanon. I have my attributes and good qualities written on my wall so Iam forced to look at them all the time to be reminded WHO I AM. (thanks learn2live). I have met new people. I have discovered I really like music. I lost 30lbs. I grew out my hair and today I can even say I find myself attractive, sweet, outgoing and good hearted.

I have discovered there is a whole world out there. I no longer fret that I am 35 and havent had kids yet. My HP is working on that for me. I leave a lot with HP these days.

I am a truly grateful member or SR and Alanon. I am forever indebted to so many people for pulling me off the floor. Literally. I am so blessed that I have all these wonderful people in my life versus the one jerk I married. I can openly say I know he is sick and all but he is a jerk too.

As you know he is getting served divorce papers this week. I am getting the splint off my nose today (woohoo) and have plans for the remainder of the week. I got weepy last night and I was so shocked that I immediately reached out for help and talked myself through it. It was ok to get it out and then I felt much better. The alcoholism and my impending divorce no longer rule my life. My life was upside down for a long time. Today when I find something left over of his that I may have overlooked when kicking him out, no matter what it is or where I am I walk outside and throw it on the ground in the yard. I especially like it when the object is breakable. The neighbors may think I am nuts but hey..It's my life...

xoxo
Lulu
Old 06-16-2010, 07:17 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Great post Lulu! It gives us hope for the future. I am glad you are in a peaceful place in your life! Good for you
Old 06-16-2010, 07:19 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
A Pirate looks at 40

Yay! Good for you!
Old 06-16-2010, 07:19 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
To thine own self be true.

Aw LuLu, this is GREAT!!! Thanks for sharing. Keep going back, girl, keep looking at yourself (both the "bad" and the "good") and keep being courageous and working on you and the feelings you feel now looking back on the last couple months will continue and grow until you reach the point where you look back and you do not even RECOGNIZE the person you used to be. Sorry if that was a run-on sentence; I've had a lot of those lately for some weird reason :O)
Old 06-16-2010, 08:45 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Occasional poor taste poster

Old 06-16-2010, 08:50 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Wonderful to hear.... What a blessing you are ...
Old 06-16-2010, 08:59 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi, and thank you for posting. Nothing like using the tools we've been given, and seeing how well they work for us.
I've found the black eyed peas on my surround sound Bose speakers to be a great way to kick start my morning! I've got a feeling that today's gonna be a gooot day! ( good night ).
Thanks lulu you inspire me!
Old 06-16-2010, 09:51 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Wow, lulu, you took everything on (even the stuff you didnt like) and made it work.
Fantastic! Love this post!

and this......

I walk outside and throw it on the ground in the yard. I especially like it when the object is breakable. The neighbors may think I am nuts but hey..It's my life...

when i thought of you going out and throwing some beer stein (hehehe) on the ground, and smiling a little smile, well, it made my day!

Old 06-16-2010, 10:36 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Wow! What a terrific update!

I am happy for you and your changes.

CLMI
Old 06-16-2010, 10:45 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Climbing hills, flying down...

Thanks for the update, lulu! Your posts are so inspiring. Yes, there is a whole world out there when we choose to live for ourselves! for the post!
Old 06-16-2010, 04:00 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I can attest to the fact that she is a KNOCKOUT

Lu, good job. I'm so happy for you. I recall the whole fetal postion day and then the days following where I started to realize there was life after the ex. Oh, the fun I had!
Pain is a GREAT motivator and a WONDERFUL weight loss program :-)
Old 06-16-2010, 04:01 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Lulu you are a wonder woman. Have a SMASHING time, in every way.

God bless
Old 06-16-2010, 04:19 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

THIS IS THE YEAR OF LULU!!!!!

Thanks so much everyone. None of this would be possible without you guys. My family of choice
Never mind the hugs...here is some xoxo
Lulu
Old 06-16-2010, 04:27 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Summerpeach View Post
I can attest to the fact that she is a KNOCKOUT

Lu, good job. I'm so happy for you. I recall the whole fetal postion day and then the days following where I started to realize there was life after the ex. Oh, the fun I had!
Pain is a GREAT motivator and a WONDERFUL weight loss program :-)
You arent kidding. I dropped the weight like nothing. But then again lets see..we had the FBI after my husband, two of his rehabs, his pill addiction, his loss of a job and then his girlfriend and yes we were married and all this in 13 months. And yes I needed pills to sleep during this time. But not anymore!!!
Hugs
Old 06-16-2010, 05:45 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

You have come along way Lulu. What an inspiration! So happy for you. I believe happiness is the greatest revenge!
Old 06-16-2010, 05:59 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

lulu,

I look forward to coming back here soon and feeling the same way!

You are an inspiration!

I've lost 6 pounds already!
Old 06-16-2010, 06:39 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mrphillipctrs1 View Post
I look forward to coming back here soon and feeling the same way!

You are an inspiration!

I've lost 6 pounds already!
I couldn't agree more, and I've lost 6 pounds in 10 days!

There is light at the end of the tunnel... I can feel it.
Old 06-16-2010, 06:47 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
I Love Who I Am

Yes! i LOVE hearing this. I too lost 30 pounds right after learning about my husbands affair, and THIS

I no longer fret that I am 35 and havent had kids yet
are you kidding? You're FREE!! You don't have to deal with that jerk off because of the kids. You can spend a few years sorting this ugly stuff out, figuring out who you are and what you can do and find the man that worships the ground you walk on.

I"m so happy for you. Please keep posting.
Old 06-16-2010, 06:53 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I worried about the kids thing too. After expecting to live happily ever after with this man, my first thought after it ended was, "OMG, I'm 32 and I'm going to be too old to have children!"

This thread is a true inspiration!
Old 06-16-2010, 07:55 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Lulu...way to go girl!!!!!!!! Such huge gains for you, and you're an inspiration to everyone who is working to reach those same milestones!