View Single Post
Old 06-14-2010, 03:32 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
BullDog777

Originally Posted by Dreamygal View Post

His dad passed away on Tuesday, now i know, that's hard as hell and i have been supporting him 100% and i love doing so but i got to the point after nearly a week of doing so .. angry.. now that's so not me and i have no idea why i feel this way. Even writing that i feel disgusted with myself .. i feel like his dad may have passed but i am fighting for my life .. hello notice me!!

Alcoholics are sensitive people. Well, most of us are. We're also ego-driven, attention hungry, selfish, wonderful people who thrive on others' constantly congratulating us on this spiritual battle we've undertaken.

simply put...when we're not the center of the universe, we tend to get hurt over it. well, the world does not revolve around us...as much as we think it should. we are not the only people fighting for our lives, feeling depression, saddness or pain. we just think we are most days.

that being said, the wonderful little narcissistic beasts that we are....my advise is to check your feelings at the front door and know that he lost a parent and be the person he needs you to be right now, and just be that person....and be sober every minute he needs you to be.

when the dust clears from his loss, you'll still be his wife.

good luck and i'm sorry for his loss. i'll say a prayer.