Thread: Npd
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2010, 07:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Alegra

Npd

Hi All -
Feel like I'm in a bit of a pickle ...

My H is struggling with Alcohol, and fully admits that he has a problem, but wants to see if *he* can fix it, before getting help from someone else, i.e. counselor, AA, SR, etc. *eyeroll* I can't even go there tonight - not really.

Found out this week that my father has Narcisstic Personality Disorder. I always knew something wasn't quite right with him - and based on some things I read, suggested to me by a counselor, assumed that's what he had. I shared my thoughts with my Mom - they are still married - and she finally dragged him off to a counselor and it was confirmed - NPD. Strange thing here is that my Mom didn't tell me - her sister (my aunt) did. I still haven't told my Mom that I know it has been confirmed...I guess I'm just respecting her privacy.

So, I don't know if I have a question here - I guess I'm just feeling a bit alone in all of this. H is 3 bottles of wine deep, my thoughts are kinda floating all over the place, and I'm feeling kinda blah.

Has anyone here ever dealt with NPD?

I want to fix it all. I want to step in and rescue my mom. I want to pour out the alcohol. I want to move forward. And I feel like I can't. I feel like all of this needs to be fixed.

And I know. I know I am powerless. I get that. I have no control over H and his bottles, Mom and her co-narcissitic behavior, but I want it all to be fixed. Acceptance seems so unattainable.

thanks for reading!
alegra