View Single Post
Old 06-13-2010, 06:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Dreamygal

Am i being an insensative wife?

ok so now you have all gotten used to me I could really do with your advice guys. This may be a semi long one .. but ill try to keep it short! (ohh that sounded rude!)

As i said earlier I have been an Alcoholic for 6 years, i am 24 days sober and it took me the 6 years to get to my bottom, My husband, Dr and Parents all saw the harm i was doing to my body etc and i went into rehab very sick indeed. I did it for myself but i also did it for my children and Family. My Dr, he is a great addiction councilor, in fact he has been an interventionist on Intervention and is quite renound in the addiction field .. anyways ....

My husband who was the most supportive of me while i was drinking, in terms of helping me quit, giving me the tools to do so and driving me to my sessions and Detox, damn that man kept me alive! Well he seems to have changed..

His dad passed away on Tuesday, now i know, that's hard as hell and i have been supporting him 100% and i love doing so but i got to the point after nearly a week of doing so .. angry.. now that's so not me and i have no idea why i feel this way. Even writing that i feel disgusted with myself .. i feel like his dad may have passed but i am fighting for my life .. hello notice me!!

I have no reservations about being there for him 100% but i feel that i am just getting the bad end of the stick.

He just arrived home after being out all day, stinking of beer and said he had got a beer at the garage and drove home with it!!!! So not like him .. i just feel a little bit of consideration for my young sobriety would be appreciated ..

What do you guys think an i being bitchy, horrible, insane!

Thanks for your forthcoming advice, it's really appreciated.

Regards, Melanie ...