Old 06-12-2010, 12:56 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

John Lennon.

"Life is what happens whilst you're thinking about it," said John Lennon, in my case , even when I wasn't drinking,in alcoholic terms I gave up the prospect of a brilliant military career to save a marriage that failed anyway. I left two other careers not because I was or wasn't drinlking because I became totally disillusioned. I didn't hurt anyone or damage the firm or institution and nobody ever said that they were sorry to me. I mean let me be honest, I was a drinlking alcoholic for thirty odd years, no question but not a lot, a few people let me down who had been promoted to the level of their own incompetence and were totally misplaced, and being a typical alkie, I walked out, you can't tell alcoholic what to do!

Today I'm sober and I remember what it says on p.164 of the,'Big Book', 'sweep away the wreckage of the past', it's good to look back, BUT DON'T STARE. I didn't pxss my life away, I never asked to be an alcoholic, I've had a life full of experiential learning, and I'm certainly a much better person now, as a recovering alcoholic, I know who I am. There is an old Arabian saying,'A man who knows himself, knows God,' I know me and I certainly know the god of my understanding, making spiritual progress fills my daily life, so I have no regrets about what might or might no have happened in the past, as some people say they were all different lives. Mike W.