Old 06-10-2010, 06:34 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
hendershot

Thanks for your post. Pothead-alcy here. I went through just what you are describing 2 years ago. I had trouble with the societal attitudes towards marijuana use in early recovery, like that it is not really a big deal or something. Well it may not be for some people, but I don't think my getting high 24/7 was healthy and I have pothead friends, or former friends, that keep toking away wondering why their lives are so bad. Anyway, you made the right choice. Marijuana withdrawal was one of those things that incrimentally improved for me, first week was the worst, etc. I probably smoked as much as you and I don't think I was fully clean for several months. I'd suggest seeing a therapist if you can for the time being, or at least going to meetings. You would be welcomed in the AA meetings I attend even if your problem is just pot (others on this board may disagree but don't worry about them). Also to watch out for: Marijuana withdrawal has major emotional side-effects including higher instances of suicide. I'd also suggest getting out of your mom's house. Eating well and excercising can always help too. Take care of yourself.