Thread: Newbie
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2004, 12:36 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
MrsUSUAgs
Paused

Welcome!!

Hi Lizzie,

You are on the right track! You have admitted to yourself that there is a problem. You are aware that you don't like the direction your life is taking and you made the effort to find a safe place to be honest. That's a HUGE step in itself! I made the same step about two weeks ago. Not to say that it's been easy, I've struggled, failed, succeeded, and struggled some more. The one thought that I would like to share with you as you begin your journey on the road to sobriety is this, "Don't put the vehicle on auto- pilot!" I've noticed that it's the lack of making a concious decison that has been the most difficult thing to overcome. It only takes a moment to think through what you're about to do- or not do. It's all about YOU making a choice rather than your lack of control making the choice for you. Oh, one more thing...If you slip, fall, fail...whatever you want to call it- DON'T BEAT UP ON YOURSELF!!! Guilt is an emotion that will push you right to the place you don't want to go. Get up, dust yourself off, and try again...just like riding a bike!!
Best Wishes!
Lynnette
Feel free to send me a private message anytime and I will do my best to get back to you ASAP