View Single Post
Old 06-10-2010, 03:44 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
least
bona fido dog-lover

I stay sober with a mix of some meetings, weekly counseling with an addiction counselor, and a lot of time here. I would recommend an addiction counselor. I've been seeing mine for almost three years and she's a keeper. She not only helps me stay sober but helps me deal with my life and all that entails.

There are many programs for sobriety. In the Alcoholism forum one of the 'stickys' at the top of the page is about the different programs out there. AA is the best known and most widely available but it's not the only one that works. ANY program will keep you sober if you work it like it's a life or death matter... because it is.

I am glad you found us and joined the family. Do keep reading and posting your thoughts and questions. I've been trying to get and stay sober for over two years now and finally have six months. My life is better for it, tho not easier, and tho I still have the same problems at least now I can deal with them in a rational manner instead of drinking them away... and thus making more problems.

Welcome to SR!

Here's the link to that thread in Alcoholism

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...resources.html