Thread: Newbie
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2004, 06:44 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
lizzy81001
Paused

hey guys. how's everything going? Thanks for being supportive. i finally settled and just started my own thread. like i said, been smoking for a while and today is day 2 of not smoking. not something i am able to do really easily. amazing how people say pot is not addictive. my husband is one of those that sees nothing wrong with it so it's not easy to talk to him about all of this. which is fine, because in all honesty this is something i need to do on my own without feeling i can't do it without him. do you guys know where the serenity prayer is derived from that they say at AA and NA meetings? is is in the Bible or elsewhere?

anyhow, i hate the long term effects of pot. initially it's great. when i am angry or scared or just emotionally frazzled, i can smoke and chill out. you know how it is, everything is "okay". but the after effects, the laziness, not being able to deal with a situation without it, munchies, etc. make me really hate the dependence that i have. i don't like to drink (alcohol tastes like crap to me), and i feel the same about cigarettes. both of these things i did heavily a few years ago when in college and afterwards until i had children and settled down. i just never could give up the bud.