Thread: XABF died today
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2010, 09:22 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  
kelsh

Exclamation XABF died today...

Brandisue,

My heart hurts for you & all you have been through. My brother is close to the same place. He has had two heart attacks close together but is still drinking. I hope he hasn't started on drugs again.

I feel sad when I think about him and all he has lost including himself. His sons are going to see him today. He lives far away from me so I write when I know an address where he can get mail.

He had two heart attacks close together so is not in good shape for sure. The last one was in February 2010. I have one issue that I have in my "cannot change box" regarding his share of money from selling the family home. We get $800 a month & half of it is his but he also owes me money out of the final accounting for all I had to pay to get the room renters evicted along with my brother before I could get it cleaned up enough to even show for sale. I hired a contractor to clean out the house & did get it sold before the stockmarket & bank crashes.

I send my brother money when he asks for it which hasn't been too often. I just feel uneasy about sending $1000 or more if he doesn't have something in mind to spend it on. I know this is stupid because if he is going to buy drugs he will do it regardless of which money he uses.

The house will be paid off in 2011 & I have an accounting for all he & I have used & then there will be a balloon payment at the end. I put the money in my savings account so it is building up & I need to update the paperwork again since I haven't done it since February 2010 when we did our income taxes. This is not my forte' so is a struggle for me but I am getting it done okay.

I am an alcoholic too from a long line of family alcoholics but have been sober 21 years soon to be 22 in July 2010. I have been through alcoholic deaths with friends & clients from my job at Mental Health. I am retired but still have a heart ache for anyone dealing with anything to do with alcohol problems.

I will say my prayer...The Serenity Prayer...for you and his & your friends & family. It is such a sad time for everyone. But as you said he is at peace now.

kelsh