View Single Post
Old 06-05-2010, 07:26 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Thumper

I have known lawn mower riders too - again I think every community!

My xah liked to blame me for not saving him. He was even singing that song in rehab. He probably still is. Then he blamed me for not standing by him. That was the reason he couldn't recover. Oh well.

I spent a lot of money, energy, and years finding ways to hide credit cards, checkbooks, money, talking with banks about allowing him access when his name was not on the account. He always found money. He would take money out of his kids' piggy banks. He was a pretty good golfer so he'd golf on someones team if they'd buy his beer. He sold his truck (without discussing it and with no other vehicle options) so he could buy a golf membership, because he had friends there that would buy his beer. He had a brother that enabled him a lot. He would borrow money from his mother telling her I'd pay her back once xyz money came in - and she'd call 5679 times until I did. I did that for years to protect his mother. Which was stupid. I was protecting him, not his mother. He found friends that would buy for him - yet would always complain that he did not have friends. Which was probably right because I imagine they got sick of always paying. He is a taker, not a giver. He wants favors and drinks but never repays. They find a way. They always find a way.