Thread: Confused...
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2010, 10:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Flippingyrl

Confused...

Hi, I'm new to the site. I have been with my fiance for almost 6 years now. We have a 4 year old son together. We've been engaged since December 2008. The wedding is September 2010. In September 2009, he came clean to me about his addiction (after getting arrested for possession). He first started doing perks, then it moved to oxys when he could get them, and eventually led to snorting heroin. He told me that his oxy and herion addiction was for about 6 months.
He checked himself into detox and rehab in October. The rehab was in house for 60 days. When he finished his rehab, he went and lived with his mom for a while. I wasn't comfortable letting him back in my life yet. He went to meetings and cut off the people he used to hang out with. I eventually let me move back in the house and in our lives. He's been clean for about 8 months now.
My problem is that I am started to question my decisions. I knew that the trust wouldn't come back overnight, but this is the strongest the doubt has been since he first came out of rehab. I don't know if its because the wedding is less than 4 months away. Is this normal?
I love him so much, but I am not putting myself or my son through that pain again. He tells me that he never wants to go through rehab again and that he won't hurt me again. How can I know this is really the truth? I know the saying "once an addict, always an addict." I just don't want to question myself for the rest of my life.

Sorry for the length of this...