Thread: Lips Unsealed
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2010, 09:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Hevyn
Community Greeter

Lips Unsealed

Many of my SR friends weren't born when the Go-Go's were popular. Belinda Carlisle, who always looked so energetic on stage, has written a memoir about her alcohol & cocaine addiction. She was always high/drunk when she performed. She speaks of having a hole in her soul that needed to be filled. When she was little she did it with food. She struggled for 30 yrs. & is now 5 yrs. sober. In an interview today, she said her bottom should have been getting high in the bathroom at her son's school when he was 5. Her bottom came much later - it was when she had to choose between life and death. That's the point that I had reached too. I know many of you didn't let it get that far, and I commend you.

I'm thankful when people are willing to dig down deep and share what they've been through. When I was young it wasn't discussed at all. I was led to believe there was no one like me out there. It seemed that everyone could sip a cocktail and enjoy it, with no consequences. I always felt weak and flawed. It's no coincidence that when I found SR my recovery began. There were so many me's here, from all over the world. It changed my life.

Neo has just said it better - but I also want to thank this community for bringing me through a horrific time in my life. Each and every one of you played a part, and I'll never forget you.