Thread: Memorial Day
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2010, 11:12 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
rws177

Originally Posted by DetroitRock View Post
Congratulations on 202 days. Mind if I ask what made it a hard year? What is just cleaning up the mess from before you went clean or did sobriety really start to wear on you? I have 7.4% of the time you have being sober, so just thinking there might be a storm on the horizon.
It had been a hard year because I found myself in love for the first time ever at the age of 26. I lived with this girl for a while and well things just weren't working out. So I broke up with her and moved back home. A week later she texted me along of the lines of "how could you treat me like this" and proceeded to jump off the roof of her school/college. It was on the news and everything. (Also in the past few years my dad passed from cancer and my mom had some major strokes at the age of 43 leaving her in a wheel chair....)

I started blamming myself and went on a three day binder drinking around three fiths of vodka. When I ran out I was so out of my mind that I grabbed a bottle of rubbing alcohol from the bathroom and guzzled that down. Then woke up in the ICU unit not knowing how I had gotten there. The nurse said I could of died or gone blind, I honeslty think that because my body was in a shape from MMA and fighting it allowed me to survive.

Anyways I feel on solid ground now, back in school, working full time, trainning hard and all around great things.