Notices

Memorial Day

Old 05-31-2010, 06:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Memorial Day

Made it threw all three days without drinking. Probably the first time ever aside from being a child. Going to bed now with my laundry done and a clear head. Hope everyone had a good weekend.
Old 06-01-2010, 04:45 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Well done.
Old 06-01-2010, 05:28 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congratulations on your 3 days!!
Sorry to hear all you've been through recently..(read your blog) and I really hope you can build on these 3 days and clock up some further days - you're always welcome to join a few of us who 'meet' daily at the 'breakfast club' at the following link: http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ml#post2612821. Are you a Judoka by the way?

Big hugs,

Almath
Old 06-01-2010, 06:05 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Almath View Post
Congratulations on your 3 days!!
Sorry to hear all you've been through recently..(read your blog) and I really hope you can build on these 3 days and clock up some further days - you're always welcome to join a few of us who 'meet' daily at the 'breakfast club' at the following link: http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ml#post2612821. Are you a Judoka by the way?

Big hugs,

Almath

Thanks Almath, I am at 202 days and they are really flowing. It's been a hard year for sure but feeling good about things in general and myself for that matter. :-)
Old 06-01-2010, 06:38 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Congratulations rws! Making it through a holiday weekend is a real accomplishment! After three days, the mornings start feeling r-e-a-l-l-y
good! Keep at it (ODAAT!)
Old 06-01-2010, 07:46 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

WOW - 202 days!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm at 114 today so I'm looking up to you now :-)

Old 06-01-2010, 08:10 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by rws177 View Post
Thanks Almath, I am at 202 days and they are really flowing. It's been a hard year for sure but feeling good about things in general and myself for that matter. :-)
Congratulations on 202 days. Mind if I ask what made it a hard year? What is just cleaning up the mess from before you went clean or did sobriety really start to wear on you? I have 7.4% of the time you have being sober, so just thinking there might be a storm on the horizon.
Old 06-01-2010, 08:30 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

A big Congrads on 202 days!!! wonderful!!!!! I'm 127 today!! I'm catching up!!!
Old 06-01-2010, 10:32 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

me too! my 1st memorial day weekend without any booze.
I was thinking that monday morning about how nice it is not to be sluggish and hungover. i cleaned and gardened. tuesday's here, and all's well.

--
and 35 people got DUIs in Milwaukee.
35 arrests made in weekend enforcement efforts - JSOnline

Probably 1500 DUIs across the nation in three days alone.
Old 06-01-2010, 11:12 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DetroitRock View Post
Congratulations on 202 days. Mind if I ask what made it a hard year? What is just cleaning up the mess from before you went clean or did sobriety really start to wear on you? I have 7.4% of the time you have being sober, so just thinking there might be a storm on the horizon.
It had been a hard year because I found myself in love for the first time ever at the age of 26. I lived with this girl for a while and well things just weren't working out. So I broke up with her and moved back home. A week later she texted me along of the lines of "how could you treat me like this" and proceeded to jump off the roof of her school/college. It was on the news and everything. (Also in the past few years my dad passed from cancer and my mom had some major strokes at the age of 43 leaving her in a wheel chair....)

I started blamming myself and went on a three day binder drinking around three fiths of vodka. When I ran out I was so out of my mind that I grabbed a bottle of rubbing alcohol from the bathroom and guzzled that down. Then woke up in the ICU unit not knowing how I had gotten there. The nurse said I could of died or gone blind, I honeslty think that because my body was in a shape from MMA and fighting it allowed me to survive.

Anyways I feel on solid ground now, back in school, working full time, trainning hard and all around great things.
Old 06-01-2010, 11:18 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by rws177 View Post
It had been a hard year because I found myself in love for the first time ever at the age of 26. I lived with this girl for a while and well things just weren't working out. So I broke up with her and moved back home. A week later she texted me along of the lines of "how could you treat me like this" and proceeded to jump off the roof of her school/college. It was on the news and everything. (Also in the past few years my dad passed from cancer and my mom had some major strokes at the age of 43 leaving her in a wheel chair....)

I started blamming myself and went on a three day binder drinking around three fiths of vodka. When I ran out I was so out of my mind that I grabbed a bottle of rubbing alcohol from the bathroom and guzzled that down. Then woke up in the ICU unit not knowing how I had gotten there. The nurse said I could of died or gone blind, I honeslty think that because my body was in a shape from MMA and fighting it allowed me to survive.

Anyways I feel on solid ground now, back in school, working full time, trainning hard and all around great things.
WOW! Thanks for sharing, man. That was pretty hardcore. Glad you made it out of ICU intact. Again, good job on the 202 days. I'll be there before too long, God willing.