View Single Post
Old 05-30-2010, 07:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
codenameamy

New here.... Need advice

Hi,

My husband is a recovering drug addict (pills, alchohol, and pot) and has been clean for the past 10 years, up until about a year ago. He has started smoking pot regulary again and I'm scared.
He is a great husband and father, I am able to stay home and take care of our children and he is a very hard worker and makes good money. We have a very comfortable lifestyle.
He knows I don't like that he is smoking pot again and the only thing I have asked is that he not smoke it in our home or get stoned when we are spending time together alone. He says I have no right to tell him what to do and I have no right to mother him. He doesn't understand that I've spent the past 10 years of my life thinking that my husband is an addict and It's very hard for me to just do a complete 180 and be okay with this now.
I feel like I have the right to ask him to not smoke pot around me or be stoned around me or our children.
He thinks that because he's been ok with this for the past few months ( before that he had major anxiety problems and actually quit smoking pot a few times within the past year) I see his pattern and i feel like it's just a matter of time before he quits again because he can't do it in moderation like he thinks he can.
I'm not expressing myself as clearly as I wish I could. I just wish I didn't have to feel like this anymore. I wish he could see I'm not trying to control him, but I'm just trying to make it easier on myself by not having to be around him when he is stoned. It makes me so uncomfortable to be around him like that.
Thanks for listening