View Single Post
Old 05-30-2010, 12:22 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Impurrfect

(((Loveon2legs)))

I say I'm in "recovery" because of the way I live. I don't just abstain..I've changed the way I think, the way I react to people/things, etc. Though, like ((Artsoul)), I don't currently go to AA, I did go for a few months and I use what I learned there. That doesn't mean you can't find "recovery" without it.

I've got over 3 years...my faith in God (HP), SR, some great friends (mostly from here) but a few f2f are what has helped me most. If that stops working, I have no problem going to a meeting or whatever I need to do to stay IN recovery, because it's the most important thing in my life. What I found, when I was new here, is the more people "saw" me, working through things, dealing with "life stuff" and not getting high, reaching out to others, the less I heard about how I was "not in recovery"...my actions spoke for me. When AA/NA WAS suggested, I simply thanked them. If it was said in a way that indicated I wasn't in recovery...I ignored it. I knew I was...and that's all that matters.

125 days is GREAT...congratulations!! You've obviously seen a lot of changes, but you're going to see a lot more. My life has had it's ups and downs, the past 3 years, but it is WAY better seeing it through the eyes of a very grateful recovering A!

Hugs and prayers!

Amy