Thread: Kidding myself
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2010, 05:53 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Dream2bClean
Scars,Souvineers we never lose

Thanks, I'm on day 5 of no alcohol after many years and a 4 day non stop binge at the end un until last Sunday. I have been to AA everyday which I love except for today, but I am living it and will be back tomorrow.
But I havent gotten to that part yet so Im not sure exactly what you mean about taking inventory, I read about it in the big book, but havent started the steps yet, so I dont know how to do it.
I got a temp sponsor, but her sponsor kinda handed her to me and she seemed unsure of what to do, she called me yesterday and I was napping I clled her back and I wanted to get to know her a little but she just said dont drink she would pray for me and that she would call today, and she hasnt. I know I should call her but I really am not sure that she wanted to do it or just was b.c her sponsor wanted her to. But I cant find that out b.c I havent spoken to her and I cant have a phone conversation right now anywat until my daughter goes to sleep and then my temop sponsor will be alseep b.c she said she goes to bed at 9:30 PM b/c of her work schedule.
I really wanted the temop sponsor b.c I wanted to get started ASAP and I heard you are supposed to (I know every case is different) but most sponsors have sponsees call them daily at least for the first coupld weeks, and she hasnt told me to do that or anything.
When she said she would do it I told her what a mess I was and that I probably needed someone with a lot of time, and she said she had it, but I dont even know if she has sponsoed anyone before, I dont know anyhting about her.
I want to start working the steps so badly so I am working on myself, i know i have been learning a lot here and have done everything suggested to me but I really need an active sponsor...
I just dont know, maybe I just wanna drink....
<3 dream