View Single Post
Old 05-28-2010, 12:54 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
UniqueNewYork

Originally Posted by CarolD View Post
Welcome to SR and to our Alcoholism Forum...:..

I'm unclear why you are allowing this person
to complicate your life.
Of course he can get places without your assistance.

Are you also new to AA recovery?
Is this your first sponsee?

Anyway....glad you joined us...
I have 3 months sobriety. Initially I felt peer pressured to meet this person and help them because they live 5-10 minutes from my house. At this point I find this person so annoying that other than to take them to a meeting I will be reluctant to answer the phone. Thankfully through the magic of text messaging I can keep things simple i.e. "Do you want to go to the 8 o clock meeting?"

"Of course he can get places without your assistance."

He would not see it this way.

I want to thank all of you for letting me share on here. At this point I'm really just blowing off steam. I let him know that I was without a license for a year and I did take the bus or ride my bike many times. His predictable response was a string of excuses, followed by a lecture at one point about that I need to show willingness to help other people (He has been in and out of AA for years.. only coming back when he loses everything). I believe he has been conditioned his entire life that doing the bare minimum (or less than the minimum honestly) is ok. I know as an AAer I should never judge another person but his self centeredness wanders into rudeness and while i'm not perfect myself I at least have some drive or desire to be something greater. In summary, I'm done with his BS. I conclude based on some drama that has already started that to tell him off, give him the tough medicine he deserves, whatever you want to call it, would only result in his talking badly of me to the other AAers, so ignoring his calls would be the best course of action.