Old 05-25-2010, 09:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
SparklingSeven
Idiot!

"Stuff" containing alcohol setting off cravings

I've been keeping a diary since I got sober and not counting the initial couple of weeks I think I have narrowed down my two potential relapse situations caused by cravings that seemed to come from nowhere to times when I have used stuff containing alcohol.

I had a tattoo done and while it was still "raw" I sprayed an alcohol based sun protection on it, then continued using a cream containing alcohol. I suffered bad cravings for about 10 days whilst/after using these.

Another tattoo - same situation except that right at the beginning I checked the ingredients, spotted the alcohol and discontinued use. This time the cravings were nowhere near as strong and did not last as long.

I am very sensitive to any meds so it would be no surprise if my theory was correct - that the cravings had been caused by the alcohol in the products.

Just wanted to know if anyone had experienced the same?

Just in case I will of course NOT be repeating this error, it's set me off wondering where else alcohol might be lurking and if this is why in the past cravings seem to have popped up from nowhere - and I do know the difference between mentally obsessing and physical craving.

Thanks

Stu.