View Single Post
Old 05-18-2010, 09:18 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
yeahgr8

I dont believe that AA has the monopoly on reccovery, neither does my sponsor!

Y'know it never ceases to amaze me the selfishness of the non-recovered alcoholic drunk or dry...here is a group that welcomes people with open arms, with the only requirement for memberhip a desire to stop drinking, goes far beyond just caring about the newcomer and shows them that they belong, shows them there is a solution and loves them as a brother/sister...

Asks for nothing in return other than to think about giving a dollar or two to the collection for rent, coffee and more important literature for other newcomers and money for budget advertising so the alcoholic who is desperate has somewhere to call...

And in strolls the alcoholic, this is boring, this is repetitive, why do i feel like i have to give money etcetcetcetc

Well DON'T GO TO AA THEN!!!!!!!!! I don't speak for AA and am supposed to show compassion to all alcoholics, but i don't want someone like this there anymore than they want to be there!

And if i were saying the sbove regardless of whather i had never even been to an AA meeting i would take a serious look at myself first...

Holy moly!