View Single Post
Old 05-18-2010, 04:34 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Margareth
Recent T-totaller

Originally Posted by Jessi View Post
My dad said to me that I think I'm better than everyone else because I stay out of trouble, then he put a cigarette out on my arm
Right, let me start by saying that if my father (and in order to get on with my life I had to break of contact with my family too) thought it was normal to put cigarettes out on my arm after he told me I'm the only one who was staying out of trouble I would probably have a substance abuse problem too. I mean what kind of a double message is that: You're a good boy?girl and here is how I reward you."

That said you are the one who puts all that rubbish in your body and you are going to have to make your choices if you want to get off them but they are going to be very difficult because quite possibly you may have to make the choice to leave your family in order to give yourself a chance.

Are you in any position to get to a addiction advice centre because apart from possible medication they usually have councillors that may be able to help you sort out the complex issues you are facing while you sort out the different emotions that come with having to make these choices.

You made the first step. You came here. Good for you.